Stepping into Management for the first time can be fun, challenging, invigorating, frustrating, intimidating or a mix all at once!
With managing your own time and projects, supporting team members to complete their tasks, and meeting your obligations to your own manager, it’s hardly surprising that your “imposter” can kick in with a feeling of overwhelm.
Aimed at new and aspiring managers and leaders with less than 1 year experience, Stepping into Management is a course that can help you lead your team in a first line management role or build on the skills needed as you take on management responsibilities.
What you’ll learn over the two days:
- Mindset of a manager: explore leadership and management and where you’re headed.
- Stepping up: navigate the challenges of moving from “mate to manager”.
- Circle of control: explore the hats you’ll wear and understand how to identify what’s important.
- Values, ethics and inclusion: create a safe and inclusive space for your team.
- Colourful communication: learn how to engage and influence others.
- The subtle art of influence and impact: examine your personal impact what fuels the fire in you.
- Finding my voice: develop the confidence to manage challenging conversations.
- Making it happen: bring your learning together and reflect on how you’ll take action.
How it works
- 2 day CPD accredited programme
- 8 modules
- A mix of facilitation, self-reflection and coaching
- 20 CPD hours
- Full certification
Who it’s for
- Existing Managers, Managers of Teams in the Green sector.
- Some previous people management experience is important.
A bit more about Wayvie
We’re the UK’s number one provider of soft skills to the green industry. We commit to helping people be brilliant in all that they do.
We won’t stop until every business in the green industry has a culture strong enough to enable them to hit the target that the earth has set us.
We’re committed to helping businesses make small changes that create a ripple effect. Lots of small changes stack up to make big impacts – which is how we want to help as many green firms as possible make their difference.
How we work
- Training programs and workshops blended with a range of learning methods.
- Every training intervention has an identified carbon footprint and is offset through our partner Ecologi.
- Every trainer is carbon literate and supportive in your organisational purpose, and driven to help people be brilliant in their roles.
To find out more about us and how we can work together, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org